We’re so excited about the fourth day of Motherlovin’ Holidays because it’s all about self-care. And oh my gosh, do we need it. Everything that makes this season cheery and bright can also be stressful AF. From work deadlines to holiday budgeting, and extra wrapping duties to getting your apartment ready for that fab gift exchange your hosting, things can get just a little overwhelming. Here are five ways we love to relax and unwind when we have just 15 minutes because, let’s be honest, that’s all we have to spare these days. Plus, we’re including our favorite sustainable products that help!
- Call your girlfriend! Sometimes, just 10 minutes of facetiming your bestie is all you need for a little perspective. Make the call with the intention of just catching up. Maybe they’ll make you laugh by telling you about their day!
- Light a candle and listen to music. Whether you're feeling foggy, stressed, or unproductive, creating the right ambiance for how you’re feeling in the moment can do wonders for your mood. At Koko, we believe Taylor Swift can cure anything!
- Take a hot bath, instead of a long shower! We love baths at Koko, and taking a hot relaxing bath is much more sustainable than sitting in the shower. Make bath time extra special with an aromatherapy bath salt soak. Make your own or snag our favorite from Cait + Co here. We love this soak in particular because it comes in a glass jar that you can repurpose over and over.
- Take a break to enjoy your favorite hot drink. Whether that’s matcha, coffee or tea, setting a little time aside to create a moment for yourself can be just the mental clarity you need to tackle your next task.
- Start one beauty ritual for yourself. Apply a quick face mask or lather your body in calming lotion. We love this Butter & Me Lotion Bar. It’s shaped like a cloud, is formulated with just four core ingredients and zero plastic usage. It’s scented with lavender oil, juniper berry oil and butterfly pea powder, which is super calming. Shop the bar here.
All products linked within this blog post are 15% off today, Saturday, December 4, to celebrate the fourth day of Motherlovin’ Holidays.